Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

I decided I am a sedative. The second my children touch me they fall asleep. Piper was this way (still is) and Beckett is relentlessly this way. But I honestly thought how could I love anything as much as Piper, and you just do. Like they say. I think your heart grows or something. He is so dang sweet. I can get him to smile on cue, I am just going to go ahead and make myself feel good by saying he is already a mama's boy. Mmm, anyway just had to get that out there because he is asleep in my lap and so sweet and peaceful.
So I went to my grandma's house yesterday and I think her and my grandpa are so amazing. I was cleaning and my grandma is the most immaculate person I have ever known. I remember being little and loving to be at her house cause it was so clean. Well with crooked arthritis fingers it's still that way. She is so neat and organized and such a minimalist. I had a moment at her house that I just know is imprinted in my mind forever.. walking in her room and it's completely tidy and her temple dress is hanging out in front of her closet. This is funny because last week I was at my other grandma's house and I had a moment like that too, I went in her room and she has this funny thing she does she wraps her velcro hair curlers in a funky handkerchief and always has. (Handkerchieft is very odd word).Well there they were in the middle of her bed with nothing else there. Anyway just thought I'd share, I love it when you have a moment that is so bittersweet like that that you know is just imprinted. That very moment is frozen in your memory.
So what is up with the new Counting Crows song? Who cares, at least they are still making well deserved money. The lyrics are so what I picture Adam Duritz to be like.
Anyway.. Brandon-what is the Layton Thai place? I didn't know Davis County had any good eating places, besides Rooster's of course, right ladies? And go to Thai Siam or Sawadee in downtown-ish Salt Lake they are basically the same and both great.
Sharstin-email me that recipe, sounds good. Except for the sweet potatoes. They are basically my new found ENEMY. I'll leave them out, far out.
I think I don't like this new background. It's a little much. It is sort of trippy.

1 comments:

Supalinds said...

I love moments like that. They make us who we are:)