Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Project 3 and Some Rambling

Here is my third project, finally posted :).Jake let me sew literally, all weekend. He is the best. So I sewed all these things. But this big quilt is for Piper's bed and it was my official project number three. Easy and uncreative unlike Talane's.. Check it out HERE.
To give a little background, Talane is one of my bestest friends. We met at Utah State and were friends up there and lived together after we left Logan. And have been friends ever since, somehow, probably since we "get" each other better than most, we have stayed close friends even though she went on a mission and has moved to multiple states and now lives in Pennsylvania. I try not to think about how awesome it would be if she lived in my same state because that would depress me. So we make due with lots of phone calls and planning projects together, sewing together..via phone. I am lucky to have found such a good friend that I understand and understands me and also has SO the same likes and styles as I do. I love your guts Talane. (really not sure she knows how much I love her.)




My #3, honestly the material I am not in LOVE with but it was at Material Girls for 3$ a yard, so I thought it would be a good practice for the super awesome and more expensive material I am going to be using for projects 4 & 5. (hopefully I get around to them that soon.) The purple flower material is on the back and it's my favorite although I think to some it may remind them (as it does me a little) of the 80's. But I love love love flowery things, just ask Jake.. he is "letting" me put flowery rosette curtains in OUR room. What a good sport he is.





Lemons for my mango. Can't wait to wrap her in it. (And get her out of my abdomen.)



Decor from left over blanket material.



More linens from leftovers. You can't see the lace in either of these, but it's the best part in this bottom one, it is double layered.



And don't take Piper into the fabric store unless you want to have something like THIS laying around your house. We have more Hello Kitty items than ...... nothing has more Hello Kitty to compare.



On a different note I have a million things I want to get done so I have no idea why I am on this D#$%%^ computer (for you Talane). Today is the last quiet day before the crap hits the fan. We close tomorrow morning and all chaos will fly.

Tomorrow we have a new home. Tomorrow we have a new neighborhood. Tomorrow we have a new address. Tomorrow we have new neighbors. Tomorrow starts our tomorrow. Tomorrow I will drive past my old streets to get to my new one. ITS REALLY FREAKY FOR A SENTIMENTAL PERSON WHO STRUGGLES WITH CHANGE.
Please help this pregnant tired body have the strength to do all the things my mind wants to do. Until then I am spending the day with the sewing machine, breathing.

5 comments:

kimberly said...

seriously don't know how you do all that sewing with two kids. i would have maybe a free hour after he went to bed and before i got too tired to see. everything is so cute!

cAsSy said...

Really cute stuff. How was it making your first quilt? Scary, fun, frustrating? Looks awesome. I need to find some funky fabric to put on a canvas for my kitchen wall after it is painted. When do you want to head to material girls?

Stephanie said...

WOW TONI! As always, awesome job! Keep it up!! :)

Lindsey Rose said...

You are super talented little lady! Good luck in your new house!

Tricia said...

Tone- I love this stuff! I want to learn!!! Miss ya.... for real!!!