Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Blahhhhging.

Yo yo yo. Another morning where I sit here and check stuff while sipping my caffeine to wake up and planning the day. (Otherwise known as mustering up motivation.) My friend Talane and I have to finish a project we picked out by Sunday and I know today is my only day to do it before then so I am going to get it done. I must say not being in school and not owning a tivo full of guilty pleasures, and man, I sure do have a lot of free time on my hands.

Here is one of Piper's sweet faces. I should tape this on the back of my hand for the many impatient times I am running into where she is YACKING at me constantly, shoving things in my face, walking on my feet, following me into every private space and back talking. (Who, this face????) Well, believe it. Sometimes I wonder if Jake is tempted to take her to work with him just so she is safe all day. Especially since about the time he gets home is when I have had it. Let's just blame it on the pregnancy and not call me evil, shall we?
I believe things happen for a reason and one of the reasons we are living here right now is so she will survive due to all the breaks they give us at night.




Our stucko got put on or painted or whatever and ta da, we are almost there. The exterior is almost done.




And here is a sneak peak into my decorating schemes. Fabrics awaiting to be made into something useful. Some will be pillows, some will be place mats and quite possibly the scraps will be ruffles, blankets, burp clothes, headbands.... or something else :) You know, if anyone out there in cyberspace cares, and if not, at least they are visually stimulating pictures.





Two of Beckett's pillows.



These two are primarily for Alexis:
Here is one on the band, not the elastic. And yes, this is day 8 of not washing my hair. Thus, the reason for excessive hair accessories.



Lex walked me through making one. And if anyone can mess up a tutu...it actually looks good here, but in reality it's too short. But she doesn't care, paired with her favorite Minnie shirt (stated again, it will not be handed down to little mango!) She loves it. If there is word stronger than love, insert that word instead.

8 comments:

aLeXis said...

LOVE everything! You are seriously putting me to shame with all of your projects. Way to go!!! How do you have the time or the energy??? Can you please give me some? :) Love the tutu. Hope I didn't tell you too short (I usually hold the length up to Av). It looks so good though. And LOVE love the headband.

So excited to finally see pics of the house....can't wait to see the inside now. Congrats Lady!!! Good things!!!

Monica said...

Seriously....way too cute!! You are miss crafty woman...and cute crafty...if that make sense! Anyway, I have never been really tempted to try to sew and whatnot, but lately I kinda want to try...crazy for me! REALLY cute stuff, and YAY for the almost done house...can't wait to see what you do to it!!!!

It was GREAT to see you the other night. Hopefully when you move back we can actually do something!!

Danelle and Alex said...

I love love reading your blog! And I love your house, and I love pyper haha! I miss hanging out with her. Also next time you are out this way please come to my house and inspire me with decorating. Thanks. :)

Jamie Hadlow said...

K-I laughed so hard when you posted about Piper and feeling evil because THAT IS SO MY LIFE RIGHT NOW with Jax! It must be the age. Your house is looking great! I am so jealous, we are sitting in our rental and our lot is STILL not developed! Hopefully soon... Love the head band by the way!

Candy said...

Hello, haven't done this before so I hope you get it. Well now I know who is hosting the next Downs Family Christmas Party! Very neat house. Sounds like you are busy crafting. Kate wants me to crochet her a "tunic" so when I figure that out, I will have to show you. Keep up the good work! Janna

Stephanie said...

Your house is SO CUTE! I CAN'T WAIT to see what you do with it!!! You are a seriously talented and creative woman. :)

tHaRp said...

I have been delinquent in checking blogs and I am just seeing this very pretty post. I LOVE all the pictures! I'm so excited for our weeks of crafting!
xoxox

The Steel's said...

I am glad I am not the only one who has diet coke for breakfast! Your house looks great - I want to see more!