"Later that night I awoke screaming and sweating in a terror of falling, but she came to me and lay down beside me, and the warmth of her body comforted me. Secure in the knowledge of her love, I began to cross over into sleep...Remember this moment, when your mother's body heals every trouble of your soul."
This is a quote from The Red Tent, the quote I was trying to find, Amber, and couldn't. I love this. I love the purpose and importance it puts on a mother. Maybe I am alone in this, but I am so sensitive to motherhood because I am, and was, such a soft, feeling person. I know exactly the meaning and the feeling of the truth in this quote.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
A Mother's Influence
Posted by Toni at 4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The feeling of having your mommy around when you really need her is something I could never put into words. This quote made it understandable and relate able. I am sending it to my mom in a email right now.
That is a wonderful quote. My mom read this book and absolutely loves it. I will have to pick it up!
great quote! i remember it hitting home when i read it. when i was little, it was my mommy's touch i always needed for comfort. and i can see that same thing in savana. she has a super rough night last night, and i took comfort in the fact that when she was in my arms, she was calm and comforted.
Post a Comment