I hope my children look back on today,
And see a Mother who had time to play!
Children grow up while you're not looking,
There'll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking,
So quiet now, cobwebs; dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
-This is a poem I heard from one of my dear friends, that I believe she heard from her mother. I have it in a place I can read it often to remind me.


6 comments:
I need to hang this up in my house! Yikes, sometimes it is easy to work on the everyday things and ignore the cute thigs your kids do.. Guilty! I love this pict of Piper, she is beautiful, thanks for the reminder.
Yep, I love that poem. My mother had that hanging in the nursery when I was little! It is a beautiful poem.
This is so sweet. I hope I'll be a good mom someday.
I am for sure guilty of this, very sweet poem. I definitely need to work on this. And the pictures of Piper are darling. I love her new haircut - what a babe. It is fun to see pictures of her.
I love this poem. I have heard it before, but I definitely could use that reminder everyday!
great reminder. kids grow so fast! thanks for sharing the sweet poem!
Post a Comment