Monday, April 25, 2011

She Made Me Leap

Here are some pictures from Miss Lou's "one year photo shoot".
I really can't believe she is one year old.

That was the toughest year of my life so far.

Looking back I can see how much I needed this challenge. I needed the extra push to prioritize because I wasn't going to do it on my own. I have simplified my life, my relationships and my obligations. I have three kids. My hands are full. My time is precious. My free time is precious. I have to be more selective on what I commit to and whom I spend my time with. She pushed me to give up that last bit of selfishness I was holding on to. Any complaining I used to do is gone (ok, let's pretend). Any "need" of a break is gone (sometimes). I have come full circle into being a mother. Obviously I still have a lot of growth and changing to do, and a lot of improving to do, but having this third child has definitely pushed me leaps and bounds towards where I want to be. And needed to be. I didn't know before what I could become until she came.
041111_ONE!_0129ed

041111_ONE!_0162ed

041111_ONE!_0142ed

041111_ONE!_0148ed

041111_ONE!_0185ed

041111_ONE!_0130ed

041111_ONE!_0134ed

041111_ONE!_0148ed

4 comments:

Monica said...

Darling pictures! Love her cute outfit too. I looked at those shoes the other day for my Reese, but she has too itty bitty feet for now. Love it...she is SO cute!

CaSsAnDuH said...

She gave me the push I needed to start our family. She melted Stevens heart too.

Unknown said...

she is such a doll!!!

The Steel's said...

She is darling, and so tiny! Happy birthday Indie!