Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What I Wanted To Say

So the other night Miss Lou was up way too much. Then she proceeded to be extremely needy all morning, crying unless she was held. I ran around the house holding her trying to make myself be presentable and attending to the other kids and their many, many needs. Needless to say, I was frazzled. But determined, nonetheless, to get my grocery shopping done for the week.
I make it to the blasted store, the one with the D#$mn little mini shopping carts and my kids are taking the isle and getting in people's ways, I keep saying things like, "watch out" "move over" "come on" "NO BUMPER CARS",etc.

So this older lady passes me by, when my kids finally moved out of her way, she looks at me and the baby in my cart and says, "WELL YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL."
The sleepless night, the frazzled morning, the messy house, the fighting, the horrific shopping trip all flashes before my eyes and all I do is smile.

When really what I want to yell at her is...

...."NO SHIT LADY, WAY TO STATE THE OBVIOUS!"



(Sorry for the cussing. It couldn't be helped.)


And because every post is better with pictures, and I take a lot of them...
Sept_0004ed

Sept_0020ed
No, I didn't make this headband, since I know I'll get asked. I bought it. Indie's new friend Lucy had one and we copied her.

Sept_0138ed

Sept_0145ed

9 comments:

Meg said...

I just love your blog! I was cursing while reading it because of 'life,' so it really made me feel more comfortable with myself reading it! Thanks.
I do like the headband. Do tell where you found it. Maybe I can track one down in the NW. Actually prob not...it is lacking here. WIll prob have to order.
Hang in there!!!!

Unknown said...

then you bumped into my dewaholic husband and felt better when you discovered our families dark secret. Love you.

Kristin said...

It is funny that I read this today because I was just at the store with the d$&mn little shopping carts and experienced the same thing. Finally having to ditch Jade's little cart and put him in my cart and listen to him cry the rest of the trip. But the bests when 12 people point out how busy your kids are or how you have no control over them. Why do people feel the need to say that. Ugggg. "Piss off" is usually what I want to say. Anyway it is good to know that I am not alone. Love ya Toni!

cindave said...

i've been using a lot of choice language myself this past week when dave didn't get the job in SLC after being told that he did get the job in SLC and realizing that the guy we've been working with for the past 2 months is a lying sack of crap. i understand. sometimes it can, in fact, not be helped. :)

A said...

hahahaha! YOu made me gigglE!

Adam and Brittany said...

Ugh...people and their dang comments! I had to change Kadence in the parking lot today, in the back of my car, and some old hag walking buy said, "I would think a mother would want to keep her child's privates private!" I was soooo mad, but like you, I didn't fire back with what I wanted to say. That's okay though, because the people that we love and love us back are the ones with the important opinions, the rest can eat sH*t.

Chelsea Lee said...

We've all been there. Cohen threw the biggest fit in the world yesterday at the craft store and some sweet lady bought him a small birdhouse to get him to stop it.

But I'm pretty sure that it has only taught him that being a little brat gets him presents.

I'm not taking him out anymore.

~adelle said...

Who did invent those carts anyway? I got a nice little jab in the ankle the other day from my crazy driver. I had to grit my teeth and not yell at her because people were watching and I didn't want to be that crazy mom that people talk about when they get home.

BTW, I saw you yesterday at the XTERRA. I would have said hello but I was running my own triathlon trying to keep track of the kids and take pics of the husband at the same time. It was madness. Hope you had a good day.

The Steel's said...

You are nice to even let your kids use those carts! I never do - worst mom of the year right! They are so annoying! People are so stupid with their comments, I have had way too many to count!