Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good Heart Positive Attitude

I am not a carefree person. This bothers me. I think too much. I discover things I wish I didn't. In all of this thinking lately, and quite possibly sleep deprivation I have decided to hell with thinking, excuse my language. Analyzing things can make them confusing. Wondering why people can be so self absorbed, needy, taking, oblivious, wonderful or not wonderful, confident or not is a waste of time. We can not control how other people behave, what they do or what they think. We can't make them treat us better, pay more attention to us, pick up their phones, listen to our problems, we can't control what they say behind our backs.
We can only control ourselves. We can only know what we know no matter how influential others may be.
By having a good heart and a positive attitude I believe things will work together for our good. Being a religious person has a lot to do with the good heart part, but even if you aren't religious I believe in karma, I believe things will work together for your good if you have a good heart. And if nothing else at least you will have a good conscience and an easy stomache. If you have a positive attitude you can avoid a lot of the negativity thrown at you or plain shoved in your face. Maybe you can more willfully take care of you family or serve your whomevers.
All I am saying is life is hard. I am not a carefree person. I work on being positive. I work on being happy. Selfishness is not something I take easily (although some would suggest otherwise). I like to give, I like to listen. I do not like it unrecipricated. Who does? I do believe that we should be good, selfless, honest, giving people whether it's recipricated or not. To everyone? Of course not. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of. I am going to work harder at having a good heart and a positive attitude. For the rest of my life.

5 comments:

cAsSy said...

Good for you!! It is easier said than done (from my experience). Good luck. :)

Lee said...

I join in on this! :) Good luck!

kimberly said...

let me say this..

thank you for listening and caring-because you really do. i can not remember ever talking to you no matter the topic and not feeling important. ever.

thank you for being so frank and real. it's refreshing and i love the opportunity you give me to know you better.

Katie, Sean and Nash Crowther said...

Toni, I LOVE YOU, I don't blog much, as if you couldn't tell... but, i do actually get on quite often to read your blog... it's jut so real and i love it and love you for it. It's so not like every one else's bragging about how wonderful their lives are cause we all know the majority of it is a big fat fantasy of what they wish their life was. hope to see u soon

Doug & Stef said...

this post reminded me right after I had Weston...how minimally important materials and worldly things are...And I still try to tell myself all the time, am I being the person I need to be? It's so hard to keep it all in perspective.