Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good News And Bad News

Well I will start with the bad news first so I end on a good note.

BAD NEWS: Piper has RSV!

GOOD NEWS: We are still alive. Barely.

After a late night hospital visit following a quick onset of a fever and Piper who was sick with more than a runny nose, we discover she has the beginnings of RSV. Awesome. Good thing we have a newborn in the house. And good thing we haven't been out in public for weeks. But there is good news, she at least has pretty painted pink nails and some sparkle makeup on. So she is a PRETTY ball of contagious germs. And I have a new best friend which is good news, because we can't have enough best friends. His name is Lysol and he has truly been a good support this morning. I don't know what I would do without the peace of mind he brings.

So bummer, as if I wasn't bored and going stir crazy as it is.. now we have a horrific disease that last 7-21 days and most certainly can not have visitors. Again, let's say it, AWESOME.
So if any of you have any ideas on how NOT to let it affect my one week old I am so open for any experience or information you can offer.

5 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

Toni, first off I am so sorry! I am a major germaphobe if you remember from back in the day and I hate sick germs. But not all is lost. Brielle was really really sick the week that Benson was born. She had a croup cough and was just draining stuff out of her nose every second, and guess what Benson never caught it. They say the babies best immunities come the first month they are born. Just because of everything they took from you. If you are nursing, even better, but if not he is still in good shape. I will keep those little ones in my prayers and I will say a prayer for you to make it through it all. Love ya and good luck!

cAsSy said...

Like your friend said above. Keep on with the breast feeding. Wash your hands a ton and keep her from touching him. His immune system is stronger than ours at this point because of all the good stuff in your milk. Keep Lysol close!!

Sharstin said...

Shut the front door! I cannot believe she has RSV--poor little thing--I am sure little Beck will be fine--they get great antibodies from you--hang in there!

Ash said...

Wow, if it isn't one bad thing it's another... so sorry! :( I'm sure she's the cutest girl with RSV, as if that's any condolence, ha! As for Beck, I'll keep my fingers crossed that he pulls through this 7-21 day RSV period like a champ, totally uninfected! Hang in there!!!

Supalinds said...

Oh my goodness...hang in there little lady!!!