
I think motherhood is the strangest adventure. I was out with my friends talking about life with them and I just couldn't help but appreciate the fact that we are all in the same stage and going through the same thing. It's just such an adventure and such a trying thing. It changes one day to the next. One day you are on top of the world.. house clean, kids behaved, birthday parties planned, homework done. You feel like maybe you finally get it and are doing a good job. The next day the house is a mess, you are trying to accomplish something you need to and can't, you feel like crap, they won't nap, people around you aren't happy with you. Respect fluctuates, motivation fluctuates, hormones trying to balance again.. Can't something just stay consistent? Oh.. wait.. it does. There cute faces and sweet smell. What a fun adventure. And a meaningful one.
P.S. My birthday is Sunday. I am going to be 27. And I am so glad I am going out with my friends that I was friends with ten years ago! So cool... OH and I am joining the 17 year olds to see Twilight. And also.. I am so going to go order me a fancy cake.
Thanks to my Texas gal for making me realize that birthdays ARE important and awesome and we must make it so and not be ashamed if you think so!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Thought By Me
Posted by Toni at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
He is so cute...looks like he is close to walking. Seems like just yesterday you had him, hmmmm.
Also, Heck ya birthdays are important, pamper youself! Hey can you do lunch next Wednesday for you birthday? I'm so sad I missed out last night.
Another thing that stays constant -through all stages of your life I will always adore you! HUGS friend and happy early birthday to you.
Happy early birthday! and yes I am going to twilight opening night and am rereading it to prepare myself - I am a nerd - i still can't put it down :)
I think it will be forever in my memory the BATAL birthdays. So happy early birhtday to you! You deserve to have a great time, I just wish I could be there to celebrate with you!! I hope you do something great and that Jake will treat you like a queen. I also love the cute picture! He is getting so big. I do hope you enjoy twilight! I am going Sat afternoon, can't wait!
i think birthdays are great and important too. yay for november! and the week of thanksgiving. even better! have a VERY happy birthday!
Happy birthday! Cute photo! I can't decide if all of you guys talking about motherhood makes me excited to be a mom someday or more afraid. I think more excited.
Oh, Beck is SO sweet! Happy early Birthday! I will probably be celebrating it with you with the fam. I'm so happy that we are sista's, you're awesome.
You make mothering seem so easy. Whenever we contemplate trying we get freaked out and I get all nervous and overly talky. I know I will be a great mom but you make it look so fun and easy. Steve and I were talking the other day....you have TWO kids! We are so behind in procreating.
I loved your thoughts about being a mom! tis so true my friend! Rock it out on your b-day! and you know we are all gonna be talkin Twilight this weekend! have a wonderful birthday sweet girl!
Happy early birthday!
So, I had a random dream that I was babysitting your daughter (she didn't really look like your daughter, though), and I loved her so much that I tried to convince you to let me keep her. I don't think you did, though. Why the heck wouldn't you!?
P.S. Cute picture.
P.P.S Happy early birthday!
happy birthday, girl! enjoy it. party hard, and let yourself be treated like the queen you are.
Happy birthday Ton, a day late and a dollar short always! I hope you had a fun day! I am glad you enjoy your birthday, I agree we all should even though I don't. Your pictures are awesome!
I left a early present fot you on my blog. :)
Hope you Had a great Birthday Tony! Sorry that we didn't get together last Saturday after the guys played football to celebrate. I want to have everyone over to my house during the first week of December and we could sing happy birthday to you on that night. Sorry we missed it. Happy Thankgiving tomorrow.
Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope you have a fabulous day!
Post a Comment