Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Ignorant

The ignorant isn't implied as a bad term... it is meant for the things that we intentionally or unintentionally chose to ignore. Ignorant is does not mean stupid. It just means not aware of or have not learned. The more I learn the more I realize how ignorant I am. Isn't it frustrating how much we just don't know or are ignorant of? We are a product of our environment mixed with our own personal experiences so doesn't it make you wonder what life would be like in a different environment. It also makes me wonder how much of who I am and what I do I chose or how much is just programmed in me. Obviously this is a debate concerning the society and values we live in now.. hence the "brainwashing." Which I think in a lot of cases is justifiable. Being ignorant is unavoidable about a lot of subjects.. because we can't know everything, but I just want to be educated and experienced so that I can choose who, what and where I am on my own and know that I am me because I have researched and learned about life.. not just because I ended up where I am due to my upbringing, pressures, and examples around me. Think, think, think. Learn, wonder, ponder, ask questions.

5 comments:

Critt & Britt said...

Ton, I am seriously missing our Monday park days and hate that we have been slacking off during the best park time of the year. The temp could not be better. As for ignorance sometimes I totally agree with you and sometimes I love my sheltered life of happiness and safety. Sometimes I don't want the worlds definition or opinion raining on my parade.

Doug & Stef said...

I love how you put ignorance as not necessarily a fault - I think the worst kind of ignorance is the refusal to broaden our minds. But that is a willful ignorance, a different kind one that is involved in developing our character which is something within our control.

The Steel's said...

Ton, you are a serious deep thinker..I can't believe the ideas your mind creates. All I think about is which shows I need to set up on my DVR..jk! No seriously, this is a great quality you have and I should work on it so I can add some enlightening comment on your blog.

Lindsey Rose said...

Toni, sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. I agree with Britt, I don't always like hearing the worlds views or opinions and want to keep my opinions. But it is also true that we always need to be asking questions. NOthing in this world would ever get accomplished if someone was not asking the questions. We need to be informed and work on our ignorance, but we don't need it to change who we are either. This was quite though provoking to me, thanks! Love YA!

Hanna said...

I believe that opinions can only truly be formed when you actually know all sides of an issue...the hard part is getting there.